July 27, 1940, in Boston Massachusetts, Thomas
William Botte was born as one of seven children to
Mary (Krukonis) and Henry Botte.
St. Joseph Grammar School where he was taught by the
Sisters of St. Joseph. He became acquainted with the
friars from his "family parish" of Our Lady of Mount
Carmel in East Boston and attended Christopher
Columbus High School in the North End of Boston from
1954-58. In 1959 he entered the Franciscan College
of the Immaculate Conception in Troy, New York.
Later, he was invested with the habit of St. Francis
at St. Anthony's Novitiate, Catskill, New York, on
August 15,1960. Having been received into the Order
of Friars Minor he was given the religious name of
Gregory. At the completion of novitiate he made
Temporary Profession on August 16, 1961.
Gregory professed Solemn Vows on August 16, 1964,
and began his theological studies at Mount Alvernia
Seminary in Wappingers Falls, New York. He was
ordained a priest there by Bishop Lawrence Graziano,
O.F.M., D.D. on June 8, 1968.
Fr. Gregory was
assigned to St. Agnes Parish in 1968 while Fr.
Ambrose De Luca, O.F.M., was pastor. When the friars
moved from St. Agnes to St. Francis of Assisi in
1970, he was placed under the watchful eye of the
newly appointed pastor, Fr. Arthur Lattanzi, O.F.M.
In 1976, Frs. Gregory and Arthur made the final
payment on the debt of St. Francis Parish and within
a week, on April 6th, Fr. Gregory was transferred
and made pastor of St. Charles Borromeo Parish where
he remained for fourteen years.
On September 1,
1990, Fr. Gregory was assigned as pastor of
Immaculate Conception Parish. After two short years,
he was appointed to return to his old stomping
grounds of St. Francis of Assisi on September 1,
1992. In the past thirty-five years he has made one
big circle around Toronto, proving the old adage:
"What goes around, comes around."
.... and now some videos!!!